Friday, August 17, 2012

My trip to SM.ARTS Exhibition at COEX Mall

We finally made it! No rain - but tons of hot-ass sun and humidity. Ugh! We went on the metro from Idae to Samsung st. to get to COEX at a decent hour and we hung out there for more than 3 hours. The exhibition is a MUST-SEE for any SMTOWN fan. Honestly! 
At the entrance you can choose between two kinds of entrance passes - The "Pink" one for W25.000 (approx $25) or the "Silver" pass for W85.000 that comes with a luxury bag packed with goodies. We got the 'regular' pink ones as we didn't feel like spending that much on a bag with stuff that would be a hassle to drag around -__-" Unless you're a hardcore fan - the pink card is a pretty sweet deal (we got goodies on our way out too; a package of babywipes, pencils and a poster!) anyway..
There aren't TOO many things to see in there, though. When you first enter, you walk past a huge photo on the wall of all the idols posing (on your left hand) and a hologram (on the right) of all the stars walking the red carpet with you, waving, smiling and some of them are even pulling funny faces! ^__^)/ it's super cute! There are a few different areas (you will most likely get a 'map' from one of the staff before you enter) where you're NOT allowed to take pictures: The 3D Panorama show (which is epic!), the fan art section (which has dope-ass SNSD fanart on auction!) and the Live Hologram show w/SHINee (which is epic as well!). Photos are OK to take at the other places. 
One of the things that occupied me, Kat and Nezumi for quite a while were all the card-board cutouts of idols that were placed here and there. They were apparently true-to-size and can I just say... SNSD ARE SO TINY. LOL. 
Chanyeol for Dev! Haha!
Aw a smile-photo of me. I'm still sick :C boo!
We later saw both Eunhyuk and Ryeowook from Super Junior at the event (they came by the exhibition to check it out.. yes, the REAL idols were there!) and those guys are short as fuck irl anyway. Oh well, they were impossible to get decent shots of. We randomly found out they were there cause people were lining up around the small stage where the robot shows are supposed to take place. If you wanna be somewhat sure to get a good shot of idols, hang out that area around 1PM-3PM. Ryeowook and Eunhyuk showed up around 1:30PM and I noticed Amber (f(x)) updating her twitter the other day around 4PM after having been there as well. So yeah, stay tuned at that spot! 
Near the entrance there's a small booth with tons of cardboard cutouts where you can get a note and write a small letter to your favorite idols/groups. I wrote one for EXO-M, Kat wrote for both EXO-M and EXO-K and Nezumi wrote for SHINee ^__^)/
Hoho! My note is super secret! : P
There are also booths where you can "take pictures" with idols, do idol puzzles and win prizes, do karaoke, listen to backstage stuff from the Live Hologram show/3D show etc. In the middle of the room there's a huge cylinder with music videos running. The screens in the background have music videos as well.. The playlist included DBSK "Keep Your Head Down", SHINee "Sherlock", SNSD "The Boys", f(x) "Electric Shock" and EXO-K and EXO-M "Mama". They could've made a longer playlist imo :C but it was awesome to see the idols in HD ò__Ó)/ hoho!

We also talked to a girl who worked at the everysing stand. She got our KakaoTalk IDs and wanted to hang out next week - if we even hear from her, we're gonna go to Itaewon and such to eat and chill. ^__^)/ she was super sweet! She said that she saw a lot of idols on a daily basis because she lives in the area, where a lot of TV broadcasting stations and entertainment companies are located. She also said that G-Dragon isn't very nice in person and that DBSK are SUUUPER handsome irl ; D She and I agreed that Ryeowook and Eunhyuk really.. were.. not... very pretty today. LOL. And they wore SO MUCH makeup wtf! And yeah, short as fuck too. She also said that the dear EXO-K rookies walked super gangster-like and that it looked really funny. Hahaa! So yeah, bonus info for you : P the way Kai seems to walk backstage is how he really does walk to show off at events. LOL. Kai you derp.

Generally it was a great experience! I was interviewed 3 times, taken pictures of, recorded on video by MBC etc. Ugh, being a foreigner in Korea is hard work LOL. It was loads of fun tho, even though the hall was SUPER hot! We got free fans (which was nice) but me still being sick and the hall being hot.. yeah, sweaty and tired-looking me in all photos :C Anyway... if you have the chance;  definitely go check it out! It'll satisfy your inner fangirl quench! Haha ^__^)/~ Get it get it, fans! It's definitely worth it if you can go with a fellow fan or two in your group of friends.

10 comments:

  1. Omg looks so epic! I wousld go even tho I'm not a SM fan. they're still amaziing haha, you're so famous already wow so amazing! Soon you'll get asked to model doe ulzzang brands hah! You're so badass Nani!! /le glory shines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL I FUCKING WISH. I was stopped at U-PLEX mall today as well (We were looking at MCM bags and they're fucking GLORIOUS!) and invited to some movie night for Mannam (some sort of service for foreigners in Korea or something).. O__O it was great tho! YOU SHOULD GO!

      Delete
    2. Maybe I should take you with me, your 2nd time! Lol, if it's worth the money why not! (for me, lol) It's not like there's anything like it in the world, I highly doubt it, tho' in Thailand in their version of the UK Madame Touso (or however it's spelled too lazy to look it up) they have Nichkhun in it, lol wtf. MCM U:<<< Oh maybe your hair gave you away and your "I'm-taller-than-most-of-you-Koreans-here"-height so they asked you, or maybe they fancied DAT ASS of yours ;B

      Delete
  2. Aaaaahhh! Lucky you! India is under a rock on the Kpop front! I can't believe you got to see Eunhyuk and Ryewook! LOL! How short were they? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah most countries (other than Singapore, Japan and Malaysia) are.. my own country as well :C not cool! Haha.. they were probably a bit shorter than me.. NO taller than 5'6-7" I'd say.. I couldn't see them for all the SHORT fangirls. wtf. xD I snapped a 19 seconds video where you can JUST spot their brown hair through the crowd. Haha!

      Delete
  3. OMG THIS LOOKS SO EFFIN MEAN!!!! >___<"" I'm so jelly. Really?! I guess people aren't perfect... I'ma still adore G-dragon for his music though... not so much for his apparently horrible personality XDD Hope you get to meet up witht the everysing stand girl, she seems really nice & knowledgeable! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love GD no matter what.. Of course you will catch idols when they're tired and even though it's their "job" to smile for the public and fans, I understand that they need time of their own. Our little "insider" said that the female idols are the WORST. They're super diva and "I'm so perfect and amazing"-like. She's a great girl btw! Talked to her on Kakaotalk today! She wants to hang out sooner or later.. when she gets some time off from work. ^__^" WOP!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is so cool! *-* I'm so jealousss ;; :D and thank u for the extra infos about G-Dragon and stuff :D i kinda expected him to be arrogant :s sad tho.. may i ask you how tall you are? and u got interviewed by MBC ? :o what did they ask you? :)i love your blog >o< !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was a great experience! You're welcome! Take it with a grant of salt tho.. he's an idol - but also a private person. She told me that female idols are the worst with their diva-tendencies. Maybe GD was just tired when she met him. I don't know.. but I don't blame idols for being tired and unmotivated to smile 24/7.
      I'm 5'8" (172.5-173cm.) and yes I did! Twice actually.. and they kept filming me during the SHINee Live Hologram-show. Quite frustrating.. But oh well! I'm still getting used to having a camera, surveys and flyers shoved in my face because I'm a foreigner. LOL. They're really nice about it tho! Uhm, they asked me (and my friends) where I was from, what I was doing in Korea, what I liked about the country and who my favorite SM artists were ^__^)/ I'm glad you enjoy my blog! I hope you come back for more : D hehehe!

      Delete
  5. ahh so funny to hear those idols were shorter than you, not that surprised to be honest but they look so tall in their MVs haha. Sounded like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

All ads and self-promotions WILL be deleted. Thank you for commenting! ^__^)/ 셀프프로모를하면안되세요. 댓글달으셔서고맙습니다