Saturday, January 12, 2013

Healthy living + BLOCK.B "BLOCKBUSTER" video review

I've been wanting to boost my way of living for a while now. I was really sick for a long time and being sick every single month since I got here is starting to piss me off. 

Bahaha, it looks like Flavia is about to munch on the meat up there!
I'm finally feeling a bit better and yesterday I splurged and bought groceries for about $50+. I bought lettuce, cucumber, plain yoghurt and granola for breakfast, strawberries, dressing, cherry tomatoes etc. 

Oh and this is my breakfast from this morning. Plain yoghurt, blueberry granola and fresh strawberries. It was delicious as shietttt. THe strawberries were surprisingly sweet : D
I've been looking online for a bit to find good recipes and I found this one. I'm a huge fan of fish (not seafood/해물, but FISH) and especially white fish and salmon - so yay! Sadly.. I'm not a huge fan of buying it here in Korea. It's expensive and I'm a huge germ freak, so even if I went to a super market to buy it, I'd be all OCD and weird about others touching my meat. lol. Anyway, I wanna try this recipe (the one above) and maybe supplement with some fresh salad or maybe steamed veggies? What do you guys think? You can check out the recipe for yourself HERE.

Anyway, enough of the food-talking. I wanted to share my latest video with you guys! It's been highly requested so.. I did it for you. lol. It's the review of BLOCK.B's first album "BLOCKBUSTER". If you watched my KPOP HAUL VIDEO you'd know that I speak very highly of this release. Feel free to check out the video if interested. But be warned.. There's a lot of embarrassing jamming going on in it. lol. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for reading/watching.
Have a wonderful weekend!

If you have any good suggestions for healthy food recipes (that do NOT require an oven), feel free to let me know in the comments below : D

Oh! And a super huge thank you goes out to all you lovely ladies who've been writing such super sweet messages to me on Twitter and Facebook ♡ You make my day!

MUCH LOVE

20 comments:

  1. I like the idea! I wonder if that can be mackerel instead? Because I have a lot at home, haha
    Oh, steamed spinach (little bit seasoned w/ salt!) and smashed tofu are REALLY 맛있어 and healthy! It's one of my favourites lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 냠냠냠! Sounds deliiiiicious! I def. think mackerel can be used instead :'D Smoked mackerel is the BOMB ♡

      Delete
  2. ALL THE FOOD once again *_* looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess me too! I LOVE SALMON OMG! <3 I used to eat salmon for lunch at my parents' house all the time. Ahh how I miss it :'D
    Aw thank you so much :'D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, foodgasm! <3__<3 Everything looks so good, omnom!
    I've heard fresh fruits and uncooked veggies have more vitamins... I used to get sick often (like almost once every month), but since I started to eat more fruits and vegetables, I haven't fallen sick so often any more!

    I hope you don't mind me me saying, but you really are adorable in that video! I love your sense of humor and you seem very natural (I always get super awkward when I'm trying to trying to make videos, haha) so I very much enjoyed watching your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well.. Steamed veggies are still good for you regardless : D I don't think steaming them does anything. At least it wouldn't make sense to me that the vitamins just disappear because you heat it up lol.
      Haha I feel like I'm always very awkward on camera! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for watching : D <3

      Delete
    2. You're right, steamed veggies are good for you regardless! However I did some research and found more information why fresh fruit and uncooked vegetables have more nutrients and this is what I discovered;

      "How foods are cooked can have a big impact on its nutrient content. That's because many of its vitamins are sensitive to heat, and air exposure (in particular - vitamin C, the B vitamins and folate.) And, the longer the time and the higher the temperature, the worse it becomes. Then, during the cooking process, the water used for cooking can dissolve and wash away (if the cooking water is tossed out) even more of those vitamins that are water soluble. Therefore, any cooking that minimizes the time, temperature, and amount of water needed will help to preserve the nutrients. The best way to destroy vitamins is to cook your fruits and vegetables in an open pot of boiling water. Only use that method when you're making a pot of soup where the broth and all will be eaten, and even then, put a lid on it!"

      So yeah, if you just quickly steam the veggies it's better than to let them boil for a long time, lol. :}

      Delete
    3. Wow.. I feel like the whole "omg vitamins die and disappear when exposed to water" is so weird. Oh well, if experts say so they could be right. I prefer stirfries either way, hoho. : D Thanks for the information tho!

      Delete
  5. the food looks tasty and nice video! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. The salmon looks amazing!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently Ceral is not very popular in Singapore or rather Asia, I cannot imagine it can look so yummy! Ok perhaps I should try, conflakes baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I never really liked cereal that much.. but granola is amazing!

      Delete
  8. Banana pancakes with strawberries! Just smash the bananas and fry them until they're a... pancake, then eat them with strawberries. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy!! I don´t have an oven hahs. Which sort of sucks ´cause my cooking skills start and end with heating ready-made pizza @__@ Maybe it´s time for me to start learning these things... Nice blog you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't have an oven either. -sobs- I prefer oven baked food tbh. Like potatoes, roasts etc. But oh well :C Thank you : D

      Delete
  10. I'm staying until mid June 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha yes, I'm definitely enjoying myself! : D

    ReplyDelete

All ads and self-promotions WILL be deleted. Thank you for commenting! ^__^)/ 셀프프로모를하면안되세요. 댓글달으셔서고맙습니다