Monday, June 25, 2012

HALLYU comes to Denmark~ (한류는 덴마크에 온다)

We had the Hallyu/kpop/kdrama/Korea-event at the National Museum in Copenhagen yesterday - and it was bloody awesome! Thank you so much to all the people who came and made it worth the hassle of planning, arranging and prepping for the event. It was so great to hear that a lot of people were now considering going into Korean Studies because of the event.. ^__^)/  thanks so much, everyone! 여러분 정말 감사합니다! (and just to annoy Dev: "salamat sa lahat", mwahaha) We never expected there to be so many visitors nor so many participants at the event.. We truly appreciate the turn-out and how dedicated you guys were : D Thanks for joining in on the activities, asking questions and joining the flashmob! 

Now, I figured most of you would wanna see pictures rather than anything.. so here are some highlights from the event : D I hope you like them! Most pictures were taken by Lemar Jo (조 기범) from the Korean embassy with my camera. Hoho, he snatched it during the event and went all out to take pictures - thank you! This is gonna get pretty image heavy - just so you know.. T_T it took me forever to upload to flickr and edit links and shiz. Ugh. /sob/ Anyway, hope you guys like it!
First from prepping before the event:
Thank you so much to everyone that helped out even though they weren't asked to! Your kindness is well appreciated (especially cause we were all running around like flies in a glass bottle trying to get things done, lol)
Now to the pictures from the event!

MUSIC ROOM
These were computers set up so people could watch Kpop music videos and listen to the songs ^__^)/

LECTURE ROOM/PRESENTATIONS
sadly I got no pictures of the gaming/internet group T_T waeeee?!
Julie talking about history in dramas
My group (music group) chilling before our presentation about South Korean culture

THE FOOD HALL
A great success - movie running in the back about Korean food, people could get free food samples, there were pictures and even food ingredients set out for them to look at! Kat also wrote people's names in Korean for them! ^__^)/
There were constantly people in here! So crazy!
Oh, I wonder if he blogs too? >: D
Kat writing le names!

FLASHMOB/DANCING
We performed a small mash-up of songs for people.. The first time we danced there were SO many people it was ridiculous! We also taught a snippet of 2ne1's I AM THE BEST (내가 제일 잘나가) and T-ara's "Roly Poly" ^__^)/

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO CAME
(and look at the whiteboard outside the music room after the event! CRAZY xD)

Sadly this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience - so it won't be back next year.
I hope you all had fun, learned something, met new people and maybe got a taste for Korean culture and music : D Thanks for coming!
MUCH LOVE
(and omg this is at 5:30PM. SO TIRED T_T)

20 comments:

  1. THIS IZ GRREAT!
    Happy for you all!

    I'm soon in denmark, never been there before and kind of neeeeervous!
    I will stay in Marielyst~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOAH that's so cool! : D YAY! The weather's been terrible lately :C But I hope you have fun!

      Delete
  2. well, I have to wait until 18th of august ;__; any tipps or recommandations? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just bring warm clothes spite the weather looking nice -_-" The Danish weather has a weary mind.. you never know! Haha!

      Delete
    2. HAhahah its like Germany :D I hope it'll be sunny!

      Delete
  3. yay for halyu! hanbok is the first thing I love about korea. tehee <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA there was actually a really pretty hanbok at the museum along with a suit for a Choseon dynasty wise-man-thing. It was blue and had a tiger or a storck on it or something.. Very fancy ; D

      Delete
  4. Couldn't go... T^T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :C I wish I could say "Hopefully next time" but there won't really be a next time..

      Delete
  5. WHY IN THE WORLD GIRL YOU BE WRITING SUCH A LONG BLOG AT 5 IN THA MORNING. /coughs/. Anyways; it was a kicking event! Like, wow Fantastic Baby C; I'm talking to Gavin and his matrix-tis moves on that one, that was cool! I need to learn that kung fu move fosho~ and it was so awesome to meet you baby girl! Now you don't seem as tall as you say mahahaha, though we're both still growing we be tall and sexah! Oce-in-a-life time was all worth coming all the way ;B And may I finish with: "I came, I saw, Kimchi"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it wasn't 5AM. -_-" I'm telling you.. Blogger is being retarded..
      HAHAHA GAVIN IS SO CUTE <3 Don't hate on him ok! He's a good kid! /hugs Gav/ He was epic enough (and possessed inhumane amounts of patience) to teach all of us that shit.. I don't even know how he didn't wanna kill us all.. lol.
      WAT I never said I was tall O_O Vice versa actually! I always say that people SAY I'm tall, but that I'm really not T_T /sobs/ HAHAHAHAHA kimchi omg I will bring you kimchi when I see you again ok!

      Delete
  6. The event looks amazing!! I wish I could have been there ;___;
    It really is one of the best events I have seen, even if I am just looking at pictures I can tell you guys really wanted to get the different aspects of the Korean culture and you did just that! I honestly can't get over it's awesomeness.
    Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried really hard! T_T A lot of people say it's an "easy" exam to take (we did this event as part of an exam for a class we took on popular culture) but there was so much PLANNING and running around like mad-men to get everything done and organized. It was horrible but totally worth it! If only you could've gone T_T ugh!

      Delete
  7. I'm sooooo jealous! That must have been super awesome! I really love Korean culture! Music, food, dramas! I wish I could have been there! :) Ooo~ I wanna now my name in korean :D
    Your blog is awesome btw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO YAY! : D Thank you! And yeah.. what's not to like about Korea? (except their dislike towards homosexuals and their tendency to not always be too good with animals, lol)

      Delete
  8. that looks like so much fun. thanks for taking pics and sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome : D Haha we should thank Lemar (Kibum) for the awesome pictures! : D Wee~! I didn't take many of them :C

      Delete
  9. Den er helt sikkert "stærk nok", jeg kan mærke at den arbejder med min hud, når jeg har den på! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow looks like you guys had a really big turnout! It looks like the event was a lot of fun (in addition to being very educational). Do you have a youtube clip of the flash mob dance? I'd love to see it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The event was amazing! So many people, so many questions and comments and people were so positive : D I loved that so many Asians showed up too! Not only fangirls.. phew~! And no :C Sadly I don't-.. /sob/ It would be embarrassing anyway. Haha!

      Delete

All ads and self-promotions WILL be deleted. Thank you for commenting! ^__^)/ 셀프프로모를하면안되세요. 댓글달으셔서고맙습니다